This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
Facebook Business Pages Get a New Look
Facebook Pages have a brand new look. The new desktop Facebook page layout design, which rolled out this week, includes a new navigation and a prominent call-to-action button.
The layout change is nice and clean. For the most part, all of the same elements you’re used to remain, Facebook has just reorganized them. Learn more about the new design in this week’s top news post.
The Past, Present, and Future of SEO
People have been claiming SEO is dead for years. People have been claiming SEO is either “the most important” aspect of your digital marketing, or “irrelevant”. If you throw a stick in New York or San Francisco, you’ll probably hit an SEO expert, suggests SEJ contributor Jasmine Sandler.
What is the deal with SEO? Where’s it been? Where’s it going? Sandler takes a look at the past, present, and future of SEO. Learn the roots of SEO, where we’re at today, and what’s on the horizon. Read the full post here.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- Facebook Business Pages Get a New Look, by Danny Goodwin
- The Past, Present, and Future of SEO, by Jasmine Sandler
- Businesses: Tweet Carefully During the Olympics, by Danny Goodwin
- The Three Pillars of SEO: Authority, Relevance, and Trust, by Mark Traphagen
- How to See Results in Your Search Engine Rankings Forever, by Will Robins
- Has LinkedIn Really Become Facebook? Here Why LinkedIn Isn’t Worried, by Jordan Kasteler
- How to Know Your Audience to Master Your Marketing Campaigns, by Mindy Weinstein
- New Google My Business Insights Show How You’re Being Found, by Matt Southern
- Google Actively Encourages Site Owners to Create More AMP Pages, by Matt Southern
- Yelp and TripAdvisor Lash Out at Google Over Recent Changes to Restaurant Searches, by Matt Southern
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this week’s sponsored episode of Marketing Nerds, SEJ’s Brent Csutoras is joined by Mike Roberts, Founder and CEO of SpyFu, a popular keyword research tool. Together they discuss where the concept of SpyFu came from, its evolution, and some of the unique ways you can use the tool’s information to improve your marketing efforts.
Listen to the full episode, or download the MP3 here.
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: masoudrezaipoor/DepositPhotos.com
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: DavidArts/DepositPhotos.com
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #5: Image by Paulo Bobita