Since joining Twitter I’ve been looking for ways to effectively follow my friends there and last week I found something hilarious which I must share with our SEJ readers.
ReadTwit is a cool online tool that exports your Twitter stream into Google reader into a very neat way: it filters your twitter feed to links only, resolves link destinations and publishes the content as an RSS feed.
The installation process is really simple:
- Connect your Twitter account with the application;
- Choose your RSS feed reader (or just grab the feed link to add to any other reader not included)
Now, here’s all the beauty of the service – look how the feed looks in my Google reader:
- Linked page title as the section heading;
- The Tweet itself;
- The contents of the tweeted file:
Here’s how image links are resolved:
Readtwit is smart enough to:
- Filter repeated links in ReTweets;
- Allow to exclude any user or hashtag from your feed (I wish there were also an option to follow only selected users).