I really do not do many speaking engagements on SEO and search marketing, but plan to in the immediate future (the next speaking and moderator sessions are planned for the ScarySEO mini-Con in Florida). Back in June I did have the chance to speak on behalf of TrafficBlend, my SEO and online marketing consulting firm, at the South Florida MeetUp on Link Building which was hosted by AgencyWeb.
The MeetUp consisted of about 50 search marketing professionals and webmasters who were interested in enhancing their link building. The presentation ended up taking almost one hour due to really active audience participation and included a lot of Link Building 101 information and some interesting tips and tricks on attracting links.
The core of the presentation consists of :
- Cleaning Up Your Link-o-Sphere
- Trickle Down Link-O-Nomics
- Supercharging Existing Links
- Basic Trusted Directories and How to Gauge a Quality Site
After viewing the video I’ve noticed a couple of things about my presentation :
1. I say “um” way too much. I’m working with a public speaking coach to clear this up. I used to stutter a bit as a kid, especially when reading out loud, and I think this has something to do with it.
2. Next time I speak in this format, I need to have a remote control or clicker in my hand to change the slides. Physically walking up to the laptop and changing the slide added about 3 to 4 minutes into the presentation. It also exposed the top of my balding head to the camera.
3. I think I do a great job with hand movements and visualizing with gestures, I’ll have to add upon that.
The AgencyWeb & TrafficBlend Teams :
Related posts from Search Engine Journal on link building tactics :
- Link Building Steps : Clean Up Your Own Backyard
- Add Work.com to B2B Link Building Campaigns
- Link Building & The Importance of Keyword Reflective Domains
- 11 Considerations When Hiring a Link Building Service
- Quality Link Building : Editorial Links vs. Acquired Links
- Link Building & Determining Link Quality