Gain a better understanding of today’s local search landscape with this comprehensive guide from SEJ.
Customers are searching for the best products and services near them – and they want answers fast.
Will your business show up at the exact time when local customers are looking? Will they pick you out of all the local businesses that offer the same products and services?
Search Engine Journal’s ebook, A Guide to Local SEO, tackles what you need to know about optimizing for local search today.
Local search engine optimization requires a strategic and targeted approach that is distinct from general SEO.
Brick-and-mortar businesses wanting to win against competitors should make sure all the local signals across Google’s local search landscape are consistent and correct.
Read A Guide to Local SEO to learn:
- The basics of local search engine optimization.
- A brief history of local SEO.
- The key components of local SEO.
- The top local SEO tools around.
- How to do local SEO for large organizations.
- Social media tips for local businesses.
- And so much more!
The ebook is divided into 10 information-packed chapters written by the industry’s top local SEO authorities and experts:
- What Is Local SEO & Why Local Search Is Important
- Top 25 Local Search Ranking Signals You Need to Know
- What Is a Local Backlink & How to Find Them
- 9 Types of Content That Will Help Your Local SEO
- Why NAP & User Experience Are Crucial to Local SEO
- Where & How to Get the Right Reviews for Your Business
- How to Completely Optimize Your Google My Business Listing
- 9 Essential Local SEO & Listings Management Tools
- A Guide to Local Search for Large Organizations
- Why Social Media Marketing Is Crucial for Your Local Business
Plus two bonus chapters from some of our sponsors:
- Local SEO: 5 Simple Steps to Win by SEMrush
- Make Your Local Website Voice Search Friendly by ReachLocal
Our expert authors include:
- Anna Crowe
- Adam Dardine
- Pratik Dholakiya
- Brian Harnish
- Samuel G. Hollingsworth
- Maddy Osman
- Kevin Rowe
- Alexandra Tachalova
- Dan Taylor
- Wells Yu
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our weekly newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!