Do you know what words your ideal customers are searching for to discover businesses, products, and services like yours?
Do you know what phrases have the potential to drive audiences with commercial intent to your landing pages?
Do you want to learn how to do keyword research the right way? Not sure how to find the best keywords to target? How do you even know what’s ranking?
There are plenty of questions around the topic of keyword research because it’s one of the most important aspects of the SEO process. It’s also one of the most challenging.
Keyword research is also the foundation of your search engine optimization and paid search marketing campaigns.
Without knowing the terms your customers use, you can’t optimize your content, sales pages, social media posts, or other digital marketing efforts.
Search trends and user behavior are continually changing. It’s also sometimes hard to determine user intent with specific keyword phrases. So, how do you create a stable process for keyword research?
We know this pain firsthand. That’s why we’ve created this how-to guide for our SEO community!
In this guide, you’ll find out exactly what keyword research is and why it’s important to your digital marketing strategy as a whole.
In addition to tips and tactics, you’ll find a list of the best tools you can use for keyword research. You’ll also find ways to do keyword research on social media.
Local business and ecommerce store marketers will also find keyword research advice specifically geared towards their type of business.
Get guidance and answers on how to get it right with our latest ebook, How to Do Keyword Research for SEO: The Ultimate Guide.
Read this Search Engine Journal ebook to learn:
- What keyword research is and why it’s important. Learn the foundational elements of keyword research, the process, and metrics analyzed including search volume, difficulty level, and more.
- Using local keywords to rank higher in the search results. A step-by-step tutorial on how to pick the right local keywords and get ahead in local search results.
- Content localization and translation. Tactics to incorporate localization process into your keyword research and local SEO strategy to attract local customers in search.
- List of keyword research tools. Dive into different free keyword research tools to help you discover the best keywords for your business, accurate search volumes, difficulty estimates, and CPC.
- How to do keyword research using social media. It’s completely free and will allow you to tap into trending topics within your industry on multiple platforms.
- Mistakes you should avoid in the future. Don’t fall into the trap of these common keyword research mistakes that could hurt your overall SEO strategy.
- Ways to perform keyword research for ecommerce. Addressing transactional keyword terms and understanding the importance of volume and competition.
- Advanced keyword research. Learn the evolution of keywords and understand how to take it a step further.
This guide is composed of 7 chapters and 171 pages of expert insights written by some of the industry’s top practitioners.