Don’t Ever Underestimate the Power of Teen Fans
It can be said that the Twilight demographic is probably the most internet savvy if you look at the number of websites, web art, web videos, web communities manifested by the obsession of “Twi-Hards”. One example of this is the YouTube stats below when you compare Harry Potter (8 movies & 7 Books,) and Twilight (3 movies, 1 releasing tomorrow & 4 books). Whatever advertising medium you are in, do not forget the teen demographic and the power they have.
It might also shock you to know that there are about 8 times more Twilight fans than Jesus Christ fans on Facebook, and there are 4 million more Twilight fans than Metallica fans, who have been influencing the world for 30 years.
This is part of a special infographic series by Search Engine Journal.
Obviously the Twilight books and movies are massively huge. Whether you are a fan or not you must understand the financial and emotional impact this saga has created. Here are some numbers:
- First 3 movies box office performance – $1,800,935,434
- First 3 movies DVD sales – $489,246,166
- Books – Over 116 million books sold
- Breaking Dawn Part 1, out tomorrow – More than 2,500 showtimes sold out
Edward & Bella Wedding VS Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries
Here are some Google search stats not included in the IG. Not sure which wedding is actually fake, but the numbers tell you a lot.
- Edward Bella wedding – About 138,000,000 results
- Kim Kris Wedding – About 44,300,000 results