Your Facebook Fan page is more than your business brochure. It is even more than the tool to build the community around your business. Actually it can both and even more.
With the variety of free applications you can turn it into the huge source of information around your brand: it can be as comprehensive as your own website giving your “fans” plenty of options to meet, get in touch with you and each other and find more information about your business.
1. Static FBML
Static FBML is a genius Facebook application that allows for plenty of flexibility. Basically, it adds a box to your Page in which you can render HTML or FBML (Facebook Markup Language) for enhanced Page customization.
What can you do with it? Here are 8 great tutorials for your inspiration:
- How to Create Rich HTML Tabs on Your Facebook Page
- How To Add Multimedia Content To Facebook Fan Page Using Static FBML
- How to create an image map for a static FBML tab on a facebook page
- How to Add Google Analytics to Your Facebook Fan Page
- Using the fb:share-button with Static FBML; Custom Image or Default
- How to Customize Your Nonprofit Facebook Page Using Static FBML
- Embedding a Flickr Gallery in Static FBML Tab
- Embedding a Photobucket Slideshow Gallery in Static FBML Tab;
Also be sure to read this post on the future of the application The Future of Static FBML Custom Tabs, Now that Facebook is Moving from FBML to iFrames.
2. FAQ tab
With this app you can add a pretty FAQ tab to your Facebook page to explain the concept more efficiently. The best thing about the application is that it allows to create Q&A page with answers revealed after the click (something you would normally see on huge FAQ pages with multiple questions):
3. Youtube Video (Channel)
It allows you to:
- Import your uploads and/or favorites;
- Enable comment support;
- Import play list;
- Hide related videos;
- Enable TubeMogul tracking:
Reviews app adds user-generated content and testimonials to your fan page. Each review is shared on the author’s Facebook stream – the only thing you should be aware of before adding this app is that it might result in spam boost:
5. Contact form
Contact me is a great Facebook application that lets you add a pretty contact form as a separate tab to your Facebook fan page.
It is very easy to install – just allow the application to enter your fan page information and provide your email address to send emails to:
You can even customize the form to:
- Add a heading;
- Upload your logo
- Add your phone number and mailing address;
- Add your social media profiles
After that, your page fans will be able to see the following form:
Any other cool facebook applications you could recommend? Please share them here!