Thanks to SEJ’s #Pubcon coverage sponsor Majestic SEO “Bigger, Better, Faster.”
The first ever US Search Awards ceremony was held this past Wednesday night, October 23rd in Las Vegas, in conjunction with Pubcon. The Search Engine Journal team was on hand along with our two lucky ticket winners to check out the festivities.
In all, 22 different awards were given out to recognize such categories as the best agency, best campaigns, best software and best search personality.
The event was held in one of Treasure Island Resort’s banquet halls which featured an enormous stage. The event format lent itself to lots of networking and mingling for the 250 attendees, judges and finalists, with live entertainment and an open bar prior to the sit down dinner and ceremony.
In addition to the vodka ice luge, one of our favorite features was a photo booth complete with green screen background. It printed actual hard copy photos to take home as souvenirs.
Once the ceremony was over, the crowd congregated around the bar to do Jägermeister bombs and enjoy impromptu singing by Mel Carson from Delightful Communications.
The following morning may have been not so fun for many, but our unscientific poll results showed that most said it was worth it.
Kudos to Nicky Wake, Sarah Collis, Andrew Wake and the rest of the US Search Awards team, along with James Crawford of PR Agency One.
Please see the full list of winners at the end of this post. Congratulations to all!
Full List of US Search Awards 2013 Winners:
- Grand Prix: Catalyst Canada on behalf of HSBC CMB USA – Out of Home Search – Airports
- Best Blog: Search Engine Land
- Best Use of Search, Retail: Mannix Marketing – Rover Parts SEO
- Best Use of Search, Finance: Havas Media – Aggressively Tackling the Competitive Financial Landscape
- Best Use of Search, Travel/Leisure: Havas Media – Driving Growth in the Competitive Travel Market
- Best Use of Search, Third Sector: Google Grants University: Matt Cardoni of Performics with the Marketing Academy of University of Iowa MBA program help 9 non-profits with free traffic and consulting
- Best Local Campaign: Kenshoo – SIM Partners Velocity and Kenshoo Local Improve SEM ROI for Sonus Hearing Care Professionals
- Best Low Budget Campaign: Advice Interactive Group – TryMunity – A Social Network for Traumatic Brain Injury Survivors
- Best Use of PR in a Search Campaign: SEO-PR – SEO-PR / Get City Dealz / Business Wire Multimedia Press Releases
- Best Use of Social Media in a Search Campaign: Nebo – P.L.A.Y. Rescue Pledge
- Best Integrated Campaign: Overit – KnowTheOdds
- Best PPC Campaign: Catalyst Canada on behalf of HSBC CMB USA – Out of Home Search – Airports
- Best SEO Campaign: Geary LSF – MegaPath SEO Campaign
- Innovation: Catalyst Canada on behalf of HSBC CMB USA – Out of Home Search – Airports
- Best PPC Management Software: Kenshoo Search
- Best SEO Software: Linkdex – Enterprise SEO Software for 2014 and beyond
- Best In House Team: Rasmussen College
- Best Agency: Elite SEM
- Young Search Professional of the Year: Fil Lourenco – Catalyst
- US Search Personality of the Year: Marty Weintraub – aimClear