This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
1.75 Billion Websites Removed from Google Search Results
Websites removed from Google’s index due to copyright requests has now reached 1.75 billion at the time of this writing. Year over year the overall amount of copyright requests has seen a 53% increase. For comparison’s sake, the amount of copyright takedown requests that are rejected were a mere 39 million.
Quality Score Update: What You Need to Know
AdWords Quality score is one of the main factors Google uses to determine whether one of our ads is shown, what position it gets, and how much we’ll have to pay if someone clicks it. This week Google made a change where keywords with insufficient data, either new keywords or keywords with sparse recent history, will now get a null quality score. The change from Google in Quality Score rolled out on September 12th, 2016.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- 1.75 Billion Websites Removed from Google Search Results, by Matt Southern
- Quality Score Update: What You Need to Know, by Frederick Vallaeys
- Google to Surface AMP Pages in Organic Results Later This Year, by Matt Southern
- Google: Unnatural Widget Links Violate Webmaster Guidelines, by Matt Southern
- Google AdWords Now Allows One Email for Multiple Accounts, by Matt Southern / [AD] Active Pages, the All-Time #1 SEO Indicator
- Verify Your Facebook Page Through These Steps, by Dwight Zahringer
- What are The Top SEO Marketers Working On? [STUDY], by Anna Crowe
- How to Build Relevant Links That Boost SERPs and Grow Traffic, by Chuck Price
- 6 Huge B2B Social Media Marketing Mistakes to Avoid, by Tamara Weintraub
- Convert Your Traffic Using Emotional SEO Audit, by Jon Rognerud
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this week’s episode of Marketing Nerds, WordStream founder, Larry Kim, shares the latest features and changes in Google AdWords. He also talked about expanded text ads and how advertisers can implement them into their campaign.
Listen to the full episode, or download the MP3 here.
SEJ News LIVE
Get your digital marketing news of the week and more live on our Facebook.
Tune in for SEJ News LIVE every Friday at 3pm EST!
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: Image by Matt Southern
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: ibphoto/DepositPhotos.com
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #5: Image by Paulo Bobita