Today I’ll be reviewing paid tools for a change (just because they have no free alternatives), so before I start let me give a short disclaimer: I am not affiliated with either of them and encourage you to honestly share your experience and thoughts.
1. Spying on your competitors’ AdSense tactics: AdsSpy – a tool that has no alternatives so far: it will show you more sites under same Google AdSense account. This will enable you:
- to identify (MFA) site networks;
- to learn your competitors’ monetizing and promotion strategies;
- to spy on your competitors’ other niches and revenue streams.
- the tool is paid (subscription based).
2. Spying on your competitors AdWords campaign: SpyFu that will show you:
- your direct competitor’s ad budget (use it to estimate your ad budget):
- your competitors’ PPC keywords (use it to brainstorm for niche-related keywords):
- your competitors’ organic search rankings (estimate your organic search competition, find more keywords for your business):
- top organic and PPC competitors.
- paid (subscription based);
- doesn’t appear to work for many domains;
- some data is inaccurate and outdated;
- US-only oriented.
Alternative: KeywordSpy that is reported to have a larger database and a more user-friendly interface but I guess SpyFu still offers more information on competitors.