If you use WordPress to manage your blog or blog driven web site, Stephen Spencer has just released a new plugin which should be of interest to you, SEO Title Tag 2.0 Beta.
SEO Title Tag makes is dead-easy to optimize the title tags across your WordPress-powered blog or website. Not just your posts, not just your home page, but any and every title tag on your site! If this plugin, along with a few hours of keyword research and copywriting of optimized titles, doesn’t make a significant impact on your search traffic, you’re doing something wrong!
- Allows you to override a page’s or a post’s title tag with a custom one.
- New for v2.0 A Title Tag input box in the Edit Post and Write Post forms. (Previously in version 1.0 you had to use the Custom Field box.)
- New for v2.0 Mass editing of title tags for all posts, static pages, category pages, tag pages, tag conjunction pages, archive by month pages, — indeed, any URL — all in one go.
- Define a custom title tag for your home page (or, more accurately, your Posts page, if you have chosen a static Front Page set under Options -> Reading), through the Options -> SEO Title Tag page in the WordPress admin.
- New for v2.0 Define the title tag of 404 error pages, also through Options -> SEO Title Tag.
- New for v2.0 Handles internal search result pages too.
- If you choose to keep the blog name in your title tags (not recommended!), the order of the blog name and the title are automatically reversed, giving more keyword prominence to the title instead of the blog name. Note there is also an option to replace your blog name with a shorter blog nickname.
For a more in depth review, DoshDosh has a nice writeup.