Twitter announced this morning they will soon be rolling out revamped profile pages designed to be “easier” and “more fun” to express yourself. The new profile design is available today to a small group of users, and will be rolled out to all users in the coming weeks.
So, what’s new?
The most striking of the new features are larger profile photos, and header images the span the width of your screen.
The new Twitter profiles allow you to pin specific tweets, similar to pinning posts on a Facebook Page. The new profiles will also highlight your best tweets, and more.
Here’s what Twitter has listed as the main new features:
- Best Tweets: Tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger, so your best content is easy to find.
- Pinned Tweet: Pin one of your Tweets to the top of your page, so it’s easy for your followers to see what you’re all about.
- Filtered Tweets: Now you can choose which timeline to view when checking out other profiles. Select from these options: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies.
If you’d like to see a sneak peek of the new design before it rolls out to your profile, check out some of the profiles that already have it:
- Film stars @zacefron and @channingtatum
- French TV host @nikosaliagas
- Australian Football League @AFL
- First Lady Michelle Obama @flotus
- Brazilian singer, guitarist, and songwriter @gilbertogil
- Boxer @FloydMayweather
- TV star @kerrywashington
- Musicians @JohnLegend and band @weezer
What do you think of the new profiles? Are they a step in the right direction, or was everything fine the way it was? I’m interested to hear your thoughts in the comments section.