A recent study of marketing leaders aims to determine which character traits are common among those who are most successful.
Fractl Research utilized IBM’s Watson Personality Insights API from 20 of whom they consider to be the most influential digital marketers in 2019.
According to the study, these are the most common qualities shared among top marketing leaders:
- Activity level/Energetic
- Achievement striving
It’s also interesting to note that several of the marketers chosen for this study were found to be prone to worry.
That could be interpreted as a negative personality trait because worrying too much can take a toll on one’s mind. However, it can also be interpreted positively.
A bit of worry means you’re thinking about what may happen in the future. If there’s anything top marketers excel at it’s staying ahead of the curve, which would be hard to do without some occasional worry.
Top Traits of Individual Marketing Leaders
In addition to determining the overall top personality traits of marketing leaders, the study also broke down the top traits of each individual person.
Here’s one of the personality radar charts created by IBM Watson for SEO consultant Aleyda Solis:
Here are some other interesting findings:
- Rand Fishkin scored lowest for modesty.
- Ann Handley and Neil Patel tied for the most outgoing marketing leaders.
- Darren Rowse, of ProBlogger, is the most cooperative digital marketing leader in the industry.
- Amy Vernon was found to be the most imaginative and also the most modest.
- Gary Vaynerchuk scored second for being the most sympathetic.