This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
Happy New Year! Here are 101 Tools to Grow Your Business in 2016
In our top post this week, VIP contributor Christina Baldassarre has compiled a list of 101 tools she believes can make a big difference in the vast majority of businesses. Read the full post here.
Google Confirms No Loss in Link Authority in HTTPS Implementation
In addition, there is also news that one of Google’s priorities is to make site moves easier going forward. For more details, see this week’s top news story.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- NORAD and Google Santa Tracker Apps Go Live For Christmas Eve, by Matt Southern
- 101 Tools to Grow Your Business in 2016, by Christina Baldassarre
- Google Confirms No Loss in Link Authority in HTTPS Implementation, by Matt Southern
- 10 Key Content Marketing Tips for 2016 and Beyond, by Julia McCoy
- The Cognitive Science Behind Complex Content Retention, by Dave Snyder
- Why Building An Audience is So Hard (And Why I’m Still Trying), by Ash Read
- The SEO Implications of Google’s Search Quality Raters Guidelines, by Brent Carnduff
- 3 Simple SEO Strategies That You Probably Forgot, by Neil Patel
- The Enormous Guide to Writing Social Media Updates People Love, by Kevan Lee
- How to Add AdWords Location Bid Adjustments, by Christina Baldassarre
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this week’s episode of the Marketing Nerds podcast, we talk with Ilya Grigorik, Performance Engineer at Google. In our discussion, we talk about 1) how important the PageSpeed score really is and whether or not a higher score results in a higher ranking, and 2) what Service Worker is and how it could change the way we develop websites completely over the coming years.