Quick search is a fun Greasemonekey script that adds a few one-click actions to selected text:
On highlighting any terms on a page, you’ll be able to:
- Search Google
- Search Wikipedia
- Search Google Maps
- Use Twitter Search
- Tweet instantly
- Turn the non-linked text into the URL.
It’s pretty easy to use, just install as a Greasemonkey script and you are done! Now, just highlight any term on the page and you should see the following:
Now, just click through the search engine you need and you’ll be taken to search results page in the same tab / window.
There’s one (solid) issue though that actually has a solution: he tool search local (German) versions of Google and Wikipedia. To solve that, you’ll need to edit the script:
- Right-click on the Greasemonkey icon in the FireFox status bar and select “Edit User Scripts“;
- Choose “Quick Search” in the sidebar and click “Edit“;
- (If you are doing tat for the first time) point the editor you want to open the script with (I was using Dreamweaver);
- Find the following text and change google.de and de.wikipedia.org to google.com and en.wikipedia (or your local version). Then save the script and you are done: