LinkedIn is taking steps to make advertising on its platform easier with a complete overhaul of the campaign creation process.
The company has announced a public beta release of ‘Objective-Based Advertising in Campaign Manager,’ which is said to lay the groundwork for further changes to come next year.
“This is a complete overhaul of Campaign Manager designed to make it easier to create campaigns and measure their impact. The newly designed campaign creation experience will lay the groundwork for objective-based optimization and pricing to come mid-2019.”
LinkedIn’s new campaign creation process begins with advertisers choosing the objective that matters most to them.
Then LinkedIn’s campaign manager surfaces only the ad formats and features designed to support the specified objective.
The company highlights the following enhancements to the campaign creation process:
- Easier navigation: Multiple screens have been combined into a single, easy-to-navigate flow with fewer pages.
- New forecasting panel: See estimates of expected results based on campaign inputs and comparisons to similar campaigns and advertisers.
- Redesigned targeting experience: Highlights the power of LinkedIn’s targeting while making it easier to use.
- Faster, more responsive interface: A new technical stack with new updates released more quickly.
- Live ad preview: See what an ad looks like as it’s being built.
LinkedIn’s new advertising campaign creation process is designed to work with its new reporting interface.
In addition to analyzing key results, advertisers can also select from seven additional views to surface metrics that they most care about.
The public beta of this new advertising experience will be available to all starting November 14.
For more information see the announcement video below: