Google My Business has begun offering insights related to how posts from GMB pages are performing.
This was officially announced by a GMB Community Manager:
“We’re excited to announce that we’re launching a new summary view of your Post Insights! Post Insights help you better understand how your posts perform with potential customers.”
From the Posts tab, located in the Google My Business dashboard, users can view insights for:
- An individual post
- All posts from the last week
- All posts from the last month
Post insights shows the number of views, clicks, and how those metrics have changed over a period of time.
Metrics are shown in a rolling period of the last 7 or 28 days and can have a delay of up to 3 days.
Users can dig deeper into their post insights to see data about individual posts as well.
Percent change will not be shown in the summary if any of the following occurs:
- Your posts received no views.
- You don’t have any posts.
- Your percentage change is over 99.99%.
Google My Business Post Insights is now available to everyone using GMB on a desktop browser or the mobile website. Post insights are not available on the GMB app.
- Google Posts: Share Messages in Search Results From Google My Business
- How to Completely Optimize Your Google My Business Listing
- How to Surge Ahead with Google Posts: A Complete Checklist
- Google My Business Adds New Post Types for Products and Offers
- Google My Business Lets Users Add “Call Now” Button to Posts
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our weekly newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!