As part of our coverage from the sold-out Searchmetrics x Search Engine Journal conference in San Francisco on SEO, content marketing, and analytics, I caught up with Shaun Siler of Searchmetrics to discuss what in on clients’ minds right now, and how he would address their main concerns.
Hear what he has to say in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- Hot topics are Panda 4.0, Hummingbird, and how people are affected by these challenges.
- It’s important to step back and ask yourself, are you really being affected by these algorithm updates, or are there other things you need to be paying attention to?
- There are a lot of changes that could affect a person’s website, and people are always quick to jump to the conclusion that their site is being directly affected by the latest algorithm update. That’s not always the case.
- The important thing to do if you believe you’re being affected by an algorithm update, is to dive into your data and look for proof.
- When you’re trying to rank for a specific term,= and you’re up against strong competition, the first thing you need to address is your content.
- Your content needs to speak to users in a way that addresses their questions and solves their problems.
- Rather than focusing on trying to outrank competitors, think about how you can get the most out of the traffic you do get to your site.
For more video interviews, please visit SEJ’s YouTube page.
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our weekly newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!