Microsoft optimizes its portal for the mobile phone with a new interface and loads of information mashups. The new MSN mobile portal can be accessed by pointing your phone’s browser to http://mobile.msn.com. Once the mobile phone connects to the MSN mobile portal, the system would automatically identifies the handset used by the user and adjust the portal’s presentation accordingly. Neat, eh?
Wait, there’s more, the newly refurbished MSN mobile now features the following features:
- Sports – Get game scores, schedules, stats, and more
- Weather – Look up the week’s forecast
- Entertainment – Find movie reviews, show times, and more
- Money – Get instant stock quotes and money tips
- Search – Find the info you need fast
- Mail – Read and compose email while you’re on the go
- Local – Search local listings, get maps, directions and more
Aside from these features, the portal’s navigation and overall site design was greatly enhanced.
Looks like MSN is gearing up for the big battle on the mobile platform, especially now that the most anticipated mobile phone is set to come out before this month ends. Well, it’s about time that MSN step up on its mobile web functionality. It has completely lagged behind Google and Yahoo, but it’s not too late to catch up and MSN might actually pull some user attention, especially since its mobile portal currently doesn’t have too much advertisements.
Check out the new MSN mobile portal on your mobile phone and see for yourself it its really that promising or not.