I have recently covered a number of topics on backlink analysis, so make sure you haven’t missed anything:
- Tools to explore backlinks anchor text;
- Advanced link: operator to explore your competitor’s backlinks (in Yahoo);
- Analyzing your competitor’s backlinking strategies.
Today I am going to add a few useful FireFox plugins that can also be very helpful for exploring backlinks.
1. Smart PageRank offers a neat FireFox add-on that instantly checks backlinks for a current active page: It has a number of helpful settings allowing you to also check for Google PR (often broken), anchor text and nofollow link attribute:
Note: one evident drawback of the tool (apart from broken PR function) is that it will open backlink list in the same tab as the active page and there’s no way to change that.
2. SearchStatus allows for a quick access to the backlinks of a page or domain (in Google or Yahoo SiteExplorer).
3. SEOQuake or SEO for FireFox (whichever you prefer) should be used to enhance link: search in Yahoo or Yahoo SiteExplorer. They will both show valuable information for each linking page (Google PR, Google indexed pages, Dmoz or Yahoo Directory presence, page backlinks, etc) necessary to make a conclusion on the checked page actual strength.
Note: either of them will of course slow down the search process.
4. Inbound Link Quality (ILQ) extension will show you the estimated quality of backlinks for an active page based on Dmoz and yahoo directory mentions, number of .edu and .gov backlinks, age and Alexa rank:
Note: that’s an awesome tool but I wish it could be turned off at times (when I don’t need it) as it seems to slow down the page load.
5. SEO Link Analysis checks Google PageRank of the linking page, anchor text used and the nofollow attribute. The best thing is that it works for Google Webmaster Tools “Pages with external links” and I know no other FireFox extension that can be used there.
And one more: Link Diagnosis (required to get access to the full backlink report at the site).