This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
YouTube Removing Ads From Non-Advertiser-Friendly Videos
YouTube has been notifying content creators via email when videos have been identified as non-advertiser-friendly. Rather than giving a warning, YouTube is stripping ads and notifying publishers only after taking action.
Some YouTube creators have already successfully appealed their demonetization claims. Others, such as YouTube celebrities Philip DeFranco and Jenna Marbles, have taken to social media to speak out against the advertising policies. To learn more about what types of content YouTube is removing ads from, see this week’s top news story.
How to Stay Up-to-Date in the SEO Industry
there are so many tools and so much news published every day that you could spend your entire day just reading them. So, how do you choose which SEO tools are the best, and where do you look for the most up-to-date information? It’s unbelievable how much easier tools make our lives.
If you’re starting, growing or working on SEO, SEJ Features Writer, Anna Crowe, has collected the tools and tips that are most worth your valuable time. Read the full post here.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- YouTube is Disabling Monetization on Non-Advertiser-Friendly Videos, by Matt Southern
- How to Stay Up-to-Date in the SEO Industry, by Anna Crowe
- How to Create a B2B Social Media Strategy, by Ben Jacobson
- Frustrated by Lack of Google Keyword Planner Data? Try the Forecasting Tool, by Matt Southern
- Can Visual Search Change SEO for E-Commerce?, by Aleh Barysevich / [AD] Get Higher-Performing Marketing Campaigns by Creating Facebook Ads in Mere Minutes
- The 8 Essential Skills Every Online Writer Must Have, by Julia McCoy
- The Complete Guide to Mastering E-commerce Product Category Page Optimization, by Stoney G deGeyter
- Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Use Hashtags, by Aki Libo-on
- Google Update May Have Occurred Last Week, Not Penguin Related, by Matt Southern
- Why Voice is the Missing Link in the Evolution of Search, by Lisa Lacy
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this episode of Marketing Nerds, Boz Boschen, Digital Media Director for ndp, joined me to talk about how far social advertising has come over the last several years. We also chatted about where it’s going, and how those in the advertising sphere are adapting.
SEJ News LIVE
Get your digital marketing news of the week and more live on our Facebook.
Tune in for SEJ News LIVE every Friday at 3pm EST!
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: Image by Matt Southern
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: stokkete/Deposit Photos
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #5: Image by Paulo Bobita