Executive Editor Kelsey Jones and Social Media Manager Debbie Miller will be at SXSWi 2015 as press, which runs from March 13-17 this year. SXSW as a whole continues to be a major event for the marketing and technology industry, as well as a positive influence on the Austin, TX local economy.
Here’s some facts on SXSWi 2014:
- Participants: 32,798 (from 82 foreign countries)
- Sessions: 1,100
- Speakers: 2,377
- Media in Attendance (approximate): 3,198
The event runs 5 days (and is part of the SXSW series, which includes music and film conference tracks), with several different sessions options throughout the day. There’s also workshops, start-up pitches, and a large expo full of vendors and companies looking to connect with attendees.
SXSWi pretty much takes over Austin’s downtown, as the sessions are spread out between the conference center (“home base” for the conference) and various hotels, churches, and other meeting locations throughout the immediate area.
Featured SXSWi 2015 Sessions
Some of the featured sessions and keynote speakers this year include:
- Dao Nguyen, Publisher of BuzzFeed, on shareability
- Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick on their book, The Art of Social Media
- Neil Patel, SEJ Summit speaker and columnist, with Sean Ellis, CEO and Co-Founder of Qualaroo, on “Secrets of Growth Hacking: From Zero to $50M”
- Twitter co-founder Biz Stone on Creativity and Redefining Success
This is Debbie’s second time at SXSWi and my third. We will be writing recaps of sessions, as well as live tweeting/instagramming as we’re in Austin for the week.
Follow along with what we’re learning and experiencing at @sejournal, @thebigdebowski, and @wonderwall7 on Instagram and Twitter, using the hashtag #SXSWi.
Is there a session we should check out? Ping us on Twitter at @sejournal!
Featured background photo credit: Many geeks via photopin (license)