Visit our Marketing Nerds archive to listen to other Marketing Nerds podcasts!
On this week’s episode of Marketing Nerds, I had the opportunity to sit down with Roger Montti of Martini Buster. Roger has been in the digital marketing field for over 15 years, and was also previously the Vice President at BOTW.org.
He has quite a bit of experience, which makes him uniquely suited to discuss not just how SEO has shifted over the past decade and a half, but also why it changed, and how we can use that knowledge moving forward.
In this podcast, we talked about how digital marketing has shifted from classical SEO to today. Other topics Roger talked about include:
- The purpose of keywords today versus yesterday
- The effect of personalized Google results on SEO
- How the way people search has changed SEO
- The development of negative SEO signals
- How user experience has become an important SEO factor, and what this means for site owners
Resources Roger Mentioned in Our Podcast:
To listen to Marketing Nerds with Roger Montti and Danielle Antosz:
- Download and listen to the full episode at the bottom of this post
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Sign up on IFTTT to receive an email whenever the Marketing Nerds podcast RSS feed has a new episode.
- Listen on Stitcher
Think you have what it takes to be a Marketing Nerd? If so, message Kelsey on Twitter, or email her at kelsey [at] searchenginejournal.com.
Featured Image: Created by Paulo Bobita
In-post Image: Used under license from Shutterstock