Sponsored by CopyPress, “Centralize Your Content Performance.”
In an interview conducted at Pubcon 2013 in Las Vegas, Matt Craine of MattCraine.com gives some tips for getting online reviews for your business. Matt also warns us of the dangers of paying for fake reviews.
Getting positive reviews is one of the best ways to encourage new customers to patronize your business, as well as set it apart from competitors.
But how do you get happy customers to go home and write a glowing review about your business? Matt explains how in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- Some companies have resorted to creating fake user accounts to write fake reviews in order to boost their rankings, or even worse, paying others to write reviews. Most of the major review sites are cracking down on this and removing the fake reviews.
- With search becoming more mobile driven there is a huge incentive to get positive reviews. Review sites show up high in the search rankings, which influences customers to make decisions while they’re on the go.
- The majority of small businesses don’t realize how important reviews are. Only 4 out of 10 people who search visit a company website. More people are inclined to make a decision based on review sites.
- When you get negative reviews, Matt says you need to publicly address them as the business owner and perhaps offer some kind of compensation.
- When you’re dealing with a happy customer face to face, don’t be shy to ask them to leave a great review about you.
- Matt also suggests getting customer e-mails to follow up with them, which is also another opportunity to ask for the review.
- Matt finds that satisfied customers are more than happy to leave a good review when asked.
If you have any questions after watching the video, for either myself or Matt, ask them in the comments section and we will do our best to respond to everyone! Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews from Pubcon 2013.
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our weekly newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!