Facebook’s Instant Articles, a proprietary publishing platform that promises instant loading content on mobile, is now available to anyone who publishes content on Facebook.
It was stated at Facebook’s F8 conference today that publishers of any type or size will now be able to publish via Instant Articles. Facebook shared some new data on how instant articles has been received since being rolled out some time ago
According to Facebook’s data,Instant Articles leads to
- 20% more clicks on links to content
- 70% reduced likelihood of abandoning content once clicking on it.
- 30% more shares compared to the average mobile web articles.
Facebook has partnered with analytics providers to provide the above Instant Articles program data. According to this data more than 1000 publishers worldwide have officially joined the program. Facebook also says instant articles provides an overall better reading experience for people in the boost to publishers organic reach
As Facebook opens up the Instant Articles platform to everyone and also adds new publishing tools to facilitate the creation of Instant Articles. Facebook has added partnerships with:
- Publishing Tools: WordPress, Drupal, Atavist, Medium, Perk Distributed, RebelMouse, ShareThis, Sovrn, Steller, Tempest
- Analytics Tools: Adobe Analytics, Chartbeat, comScore, Nielsen, Parsely, SimpleReach
Facebook also reminds that, according to its new policies on branded content, publishers can now use instant articles has a way to publish branded content. For more on how to publish using Instant Articles see our article here.
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our daily newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!