New research from Conductor offers interesting insight when it comes to the SEO salary landscape. This new research follows up their 2012 SEO jobs and industry careers study, which was used to compare the growth of the SEO industry from 2012 to today.
Charity Stebbins, Senior Content Strategist at Conductor, said some of their top findings included:
- 18% growth in number of SEO jobs in the top 20 cities (listed in the below infographic)
- Double digit salary growth across the board (average 17% growth. Marketing managers on the high end with 26% growth)
- A Shift in Top Cities: New York and San Francisco stayed in the top positions, while San Jose and Seattle moved up to the top 5 for the first time. Chicago rounded out the top 5.
- 11% growth in the Account Manager field
- Director of Marketing positions make over $104,000 on average
Check out some of their other finds below and in their blog post about the study:
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our weekly newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!