If you’re a seasoned trader and you’ve long wanted to become a Google employee, now is your chance to take a crack at this once in a lifetime chance. A published advertisement on Google’s job site shows a listing for “Trader, Foreign Government Bonds”
The position is located in Google’s HQ in Mountain View and some of the responsibilities to be handled by whoever gets the job include – portfolio analyst for Google’s U.S. government, government bond portfolio, and portfolio analyst for agency mortgage-backed securities.
Business Insider is reporting that a reliable source said that this position was created to enable Google to make use of its large cash reserves.
If you think you possess these qualifications, you might want to try your luck.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience in Finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, or engineering; CFA (or on CFA track) preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant experience trading government bond portfolios, willingness to work market trading hours while in Pacific time zone
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and financial modeling skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent with Excel and Power Point, as well as skilled at Bloomberg & trading/portfolio systems (e.g. yield book)
- Familiarity with corporate investment accounting a plus
- Has a good sense of humor