Sponsored by CopyPress, “Centralize Your Content Performance.”
Everyday David helps companies implement and improve their inbound marketing strategies through SEO, content strategy, and social media.
Getting your content shared widely on social media can help drive business results in a number of ways. David explains how you can do this in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- One of the most important reasons why you need to be active on social media, David explains, is that social signals are a huge factor in terms of search rankings.
- One way that Google determines whether your content is valuable or not is by who is sharing it. You want to get your content shared on social media as much as possible.
- David advises against buying any type of social media following because it’s not sustainable. He suggests your money is better spent on buying things like Facebook ads.
- Social media is a distribution channel, so David says one of the best things you can invest your time into is writing really good content.
- Don’t self promote, give value to your audience. Write helpful content that people can apply to make a difference in their lives.
- When deciding where to share your content, David explains that you have to figure out where your target audience is.
- Getting other people to guest blog on your site is a great way to build a following because they will send their audience to check out your website.
If you have any questions after watching the video, for either myself or David, ask them in the comments section and we will do our best to respond to everyone! Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews from Pubcon 2013.