A WordPress plugin brought to you by Search Engine Journal.
You might be tired to see Twitter-related posts every single day but this shouldn’t prevent you from using the tool. To network using Twitter or not – is up to you. There are still many people who just don’t get the very idea of telling others what they are doing. What’s definitely should be taken into account: Twitter is a great marketing tool that can help you understand your audience and keep track of hot trends in your industry.
Add Twitter Followers automatically. Click here for a free trial.
Now, to do that effectively, let’s look at how to search Twitter properly:
Use Twitter (advanced) search (formerly Summize):
Actually, Twitter advanced search feature is really unique and should not be taken lightly. Among pretty traditional options (exact match, language based, etc), there are quite innovative parameters: search by emotional coloring or sentence semantic structure.
Let’s overview briefly what we can do with Twitter search:
- Word-level search:
- A person-related search:
- Location-specific search:
- Date-specific search: find posts sent since / until the specified date (YYYY-MM-DD): [seo since:2008-06-25].
- Emotional color and semantic structure search:
- Search for useful resources – i.e. links to related pages: [seo filter:links].
Use Twitter Search Tools:
- Hashtags.org (as the name suggests) keeps track of all twittered hashtags (#). The tool also trends each one and shows you most popular ones:
- Twitseek searches for URLs twittered along with the keyword.
- Tweet Scan is a simple Twitter search tool (updates results every second);
- Twit Scoop searches and tracks the keyword-related conversations. It will also show you the trend for your keyword popularity on Twitter:
- TwitStat is another Twitter search analytics that not only searches but shows you the query trend.
- FireFox addons: