Chitika’s SearchAppalooza, being held at SES NY next week, is a power-packed, 1 hour face-off featuring some of the biggest movers and shakers in search, and will be held next Tuesday, March 24th from 1:45pm—2:45pm.
One more finalist has been added to the group due to a tie for the fifth spot!
The SearchAppalooza session is going to feature the “Kick-Ass Search Apps Contest“, which is kind of an American Idol for search geeks, with judges including Jen Slegg and executives from Chitika, Yahoo, & Microsoft.
Out of the multitude of developers/companies that have applied (from small developers to multi-million dollar VC funded startups),
five six finalists have been chosen by Chitika to face off in the Kick-Ass Search Apps Contest, showing off their apps and their ‘outside of the box’ approach. The lucky winner, picked out of these five six finalists, will receive a Kindle2, sponsored by Yahoo along with recognition throughout the search and app development industries.
And believe it or not, Search Engine Journal has been chosen as the exclusive blog to announce the finalists of the Kick-Ass Search Apps Contest!
After receiving hoards of impressive search app submissions from equally impressive devs, Chitika has narrowed down the pool and is thrilled to announce the
five six finalists of the “Kick-Ass Search Apps Contest”.
- Everyzing.com : Everyzing.com converts audio in video into a searchable format, making the popular media/resource of online video/radio more accessible and functional.
- umibozu.net : Think Digg meets Google—umibozu.net is a user-driven meta search engine, providing human feedback to search engine results; adding accountability to searchability.
- Middlespot.com : Middlespot.com enables searchers to manage, analyze, and save results over multiple sessions. Saved search results aggregate into a gallery—a personal work-pad—with pan and zoom capabilities. Middlespot.com also touts an interactive function; searchers are able to quickly share results with friends and colleagues.
- Tripeedo.com : Think the functionality and affordability of Orbiz and travelosity—without the endless forms and specific details required to search for flights. Tripeedo.com makes for fast, easy, accountable flight search, featuring smart interpretations of search and real-time feedback.
- Nearbytweets.com : nearbytweets.com brings geographic searchability to the Twittersphere. Using Twitter profiles as a base-line, nearbytweets.com leverages various search platforms to provide a simple, b-to-c-focused interface for local networking and buzz marketing.
- BackType.com : BackType is a conversational search engine funded by Y Combinator which enables users to search through millions of conversations from blogs and social media. Among BackType’s features, users are able to share results and set-up alerts for specific search terms, allowing both businesses and individuals to effectively and efficiently screen social media/user generated content.
FIVE SIX FINALISTS faceoff at the SearchAppalooza “Kick-Ass Search Apps Contest” at SES New York! Everyone is invited to participate. SearchAppalooza is FREE to attend. Full Conference Registration is NOT needed. EXPO Hall visitors can also attend this power packed 1 hour tech derby. Come talk tech with the innovators and industry execs who are leading search marketing into new terrains beyond THE search engine.