Google Adwords is reminding its advertisers about the landing page quality guidelines. The guidelines stressed the importance of directing users to good quality landing pages which immediately tells users about the the business is.
To reiterate the importance of the landing page guidelines, Adwords created a new FAQ which can be found in the Adwords Help Center. Inside Adwords Blog summarized the highlights of this new FAQ as follows:
- Data collection sites that offer free gifts, subscription services etc., in order to collect private information
- Arbitrage sites that are designed for the sole purpose of showing ads
- Malware sites that knowingly or unknowingly install software on a visitor’s computer
Advertisers who maintain those kinds of sites may be banned from running Adwords.
Likewise, the following websites may also get a low landing page quality score. To continue running Adwords the following sites must adhere strictly to the Adwords landing page quality guidelines.
- eBook sites that show frequent ads or install malware
- ’Get rich quick’ sites
- Comparison shopping sites
- Travel aggregators
- Affiliates that don’t comply with our affiliate guidelines
Adwords which usually conducts regular landing page quality page will no longer notify advertisers when these updates will be done. This is to prevent websites with poor landing page from modifying their pages just for the sake getting a good landing page quality score during updates. Only to revert back to the original landing pages after the update has passed.
All these enhancements on the Adwords program especially on good landing page quality is a result of various complaints Google received from users. This only illustrate how vibrant Google’s advertising program is, which actually set it apart from other online advertising programs available for online merchants.