Matt explains to all of his clients that everyone wants to hit a grand slam with every piece of content they publish. But the reality is not many people actually hit a grand slam, both literally speaking in terms of professional baseball and figuratively speaking in terms of online content.
But that’s ok because you can still hit consistent home runs and consistent doubles, which sets you up with a better opportunity to eventually hit a grand slam.
The key to successful content marketing is consistency, as Matt explains in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- If you can consistently hit doubles and triples with solid pieces of content it sets you up for developing a solid fan base. It earns you readership and helps you build community on social media networks.
- Consistently publishing great content puts you in place for a better opportunity to hit that coveted grand slam.
- After building a fan base with consistently amazing content, when you come up with that killer grand slam idea t you’ll have the audience in place to help make it go viral.
- You’ll have a much better chance of going viral after taking the time to build an audience than you would after publishing your first piece of content.
- Matt drives home this idea at the end of the interview by saying you could have the best idea in the world, but if no one is around to read it, it won’t do you any good.
Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews.