As part of our SEJ interview series, Zac Johnson of Brand.com joins us to share his expertise on buying and selling websites.
Zac has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars and made hundreds of thousands of dollars buying and selling websites. Thankfully we can all learn from Zac’s experience without having to spend that much money ourselves, as Zac has graciously agreed to share some of his best tips with us.
Hear what he has to say in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- Zac prefers to use Flippa.com to buy and sell websites. Flippa has a built in network of people looking to buy and sell.
- Flippa is constantly listing new websites to buy, if you have a website to sell you can advertise it to their network.
- The value of your website is determined by the information you provide, including demographics, niche, how much it makes each month, traffic numbers and so on.
- If you’re a blogger looking to sell your website for the first time, the process is easy. Go to Flippa and create an account then they walk you through the process. Zac describes it as “ebay for websites,” so if you know how to use ebay you can use Flippa.
- Disclaimer: Zac has no personal affiliation with Flippa, he’s promoting them because he truly values their service. Zac says there really are no alternatives.
- When it comes to snagging good domain names, Zac suggests creating a list of domain names you’re interested in and setting up alerts with a major domain registrar to let you know when one of them becomes available. With this method Zac has secured many good domain names without even looking for them.
Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews.