Getting listed in an influential blog directory can really boost your link-building efforts. Here are 24 directories we really like. If you find others, share with the community in the comments.
- Yahoo! Directory : The most popular, valuable and one of the oldest web directories on the market, Yahoo! still lists and reviews sites on an annual basis.$299 per year.
- Best of the Web : Founded in 1994, BOTW is a high value and pinpoint categorized directory which takes pride in the listing of quality web sites. $69.95 per year or $199.95 lifetime.
- Directory Journal : Directory Journal has established itself as not only an authority directory, but an informational hub with updated content, a robust link portfolio and social media freshness factors. DirJournal is one of my favorite directories.
- Aviva Directory : Aviva’s reputation is built with smart 2.0 oriented marketing, link baiting, a sleek design and clever blogging. $34.95 review fee.
- Websites Promotion Directory : Categorized quality directory with tips on SEO and web promotion.
- Web Directory List : Useful resource that lists quality directories and related sites, sorted by bid amount. The top 10 are shown on the homepage, and top 20 on the top links page.
- Octopedia : Reaching its tentacles across the web, Octopedia is an old and respected directory that provides multiple deep linking for its listings. Pricing is based upon membership in the directory.
- AllBuziness.com : A professional business directory, AllBuziness.com was designed for the active business person. Fast and easy to use, lists products and services businesses need to become successful. $35.95 listings review fee.
- Big Web Links : Highly promoted web directory that sorts listings by bid amount, offering complete control over listing placement. The top 10 listings are also shown on the homepage and top 20 on the top links page.
- Romow : Romow is a web directory and Internet Marketing center which integrates blogging and other tools into the web directory and content experience. $45 one time payment or $90 per year for featured link.
- Excellent Guide : This directory offers much more than just links with advertising and traffic building opportunities. $49.95 per year.
- GoGuides.org : Back during Y2K, ABC & Disney launched Go.com, their Internet portal and directory. They later closed a good thing but the original editors of Go.com used their community and technology to continue their goal of ’spam free web search’ at GoGuides.org. $69.95 review fee.
- Umdum Directory : Umdum is a directory which receives high traffic, has over 100,000 inbound links, has been well received by the SEO industry and is growing daily. $40.00 review fee.
- Katakombe Directory : Depite its scary name Katakombe is a popular site with a directory which only has about 180 sites listed, meaning that the outgoing link value should be quite strong.
- Digmo: one of the web’s leading directories, listing websites in an ever-expanding range of categories.
- Leelgo Business Directory : Online directory of sites searchable by products, services and categories. Business owners can submit sites for free.It also has regional directories for Canada,Australia,United Kingdom and New Zealand
Own a blog? SEJ has also put together a list of the 20 Best Blog Directories for submitting your blog.
More more listings of web directories, I also highly suggest Info Vilesilencer’s directory reviews.
If you would like to suggest a directory which should be added to this list, please contact the Search Engine Journal.