This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
The 2016 Guide to Keyword Research
It is a fact that keywords are no longer necessary or mandatory to be present in the title tag or in heading tags (H1, H2, H3) in order to rank in the top five of the search engine results pages. Even using the exact keyword phrases within the text of a web page is no longer required.
Should you abandon keyword research and focus more effort on content creation? Surprisingly, the answer is no. Keyword research is still important, but in a different way than has been practiced in the past.
Not sure how to adapt? Learn how in this complete guide to keyword research in 2016. This is a section of our soon to be completely redone SEO Guide. Enjoy!
3 Uncommon Ways to Find High Value SEO Clients
Entrepreneurs aspire to create and run successful businesses.
This dream only comes true if there is a market demand, clients are attracted, and monthly agreements signed. This will provide continuous work and income. Unfortunately, finding new, quality clients and expanding a business are two of the biggest obstacles facing service companies.
The good news is, there are a number of methods for building a larger client base and for acquiring high-value clients. Contributor Jon Rognerud shares his secrets in this guide featuring 3 uncommon ways to find high value SEO clients.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- The 2016 Guide to Keyword Research, by Roger Montti
- Google Expands ‘Post Directly to Search Results’ Feature to More Small Businesses, by Matt Southern
- Hidden Google Command: Search “**” For a List of Local Business Websites, by Matt Southern
- Moz Dropping Followerwonk and Moz Content, Refocusing on SEO Products, by Matt Southern
- 3 Uncommon Ways to Find High Value SEO Clients, by Jon Rognerud
- Make Your Local SEO Clients Embrace Content, by Tony Messer
- Basic Tips for Facebook Ads Beginners, by Caitlin Rulien
- Say Goodbye to the ‘Mobile-Friendly’ Label in Google Search Results, by Matt Southern
- Branding: How to Do it Right, by Rachel Taliaferro
- The Step-by-Step Guide to Launching Your First Remarketing Campaign, by Aaron Agius
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this Marketing Nerds episode, François Goube of OnCrawl joins SEJ Executive Editor Kelsey Jones to talk about the importance of data in SEO, how you can use it to prove ROI, and what types of data you should be paying attention to. Listen to the full episode, or download the MP3 here.
SEJ News LIVE
Get your digital marketing news of the week and more live on our Facebook.
Tune in for SEJ News LIVE every Friday at 3pm EST!
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: rozelt/DepositPhotos.com
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: Wavebreakmedia/DepositPhotos.com
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #5: Image by Paulo Bobita