This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
Google’s Panda Now Part of Core Ranking Algorithm
What was highly speculated to be a Penguin update over the weekend was actually just a core ranking algorithm update. However, it may be different from past core updates, considering recent news that the core algorithm has been integrated with Panda.
Learn more about about Google’s latest algorithm update, and what that means for search results going forward, in this week’s most popular news post.
Weird and Wonderful Ways to Use Landing Pages
Landing pages are effective for lead generation because they eliminate all of the distractions of a typical website — navigation, social sharing, and any links that do anything other than convert.
SEJ syndicated contributor Brad Tiller says you should never start a marketing campaign without a dedicated landing page. In our most popular SEO strategy post this week, Brad goes over some unusual landing page use cases along with real life examples to learn from. Read the full post here.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- The Weird and Wonderful Ways to Use Landing Pages, by Brad Tiller
- 9 Ways to Fix Your Email Marketing Strategy, by Ben Oren
- Google’s Panda Now Part of Its Core Ranking Algorithm, by Matt Southern
- Marketers to Spend More on Display Advertising vs. Search Advertising in 2016, by Matt Southern
- WordPress Security Update Release, Immediate Download Recommended, by Matt Southern / [AD] Competitor Keyword Analysis & Other Tricks with XOVI by AdNouncements
- How to Increase Your Email Open Rate, by Nathan Chan
- 5 Traits of Successful Digital Advertisers, by Dusty Vegas
- 5 Tips to Creating Excellent Evergreen Content that Lasts, by Syed Balkhi
- Twitter Stock At All Time Low Following Announcement of Longer Tweets, by Matt Southern
- Kick Start Your International Marketing by Leveraging Content, by Stefanie Grieser
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In today’s episode of Marketing Nerds, Katy Katz of Interact sits down with Kelsey Jones to discuss why niche marketing could be just the ticket to have more successful clients. They talked about what works best in niche marketing and how to educate clients on best practices. Listen to the full episode, or download the MP3 here.
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: GongTo / Shutterstock.com
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: David Darko/Shutterstock.com
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita