This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
Google Penguin Update Coming Within “Weeks”
Google’s Webmaster Trends Analyst, Gary Illyes, stated on Twitter this week that the next Penguin update is due to roll out within weeks. At the very latest, it should launch by the end of this quarter.
This is the closest thing to a launch date we’ve heard out of the Google camp with respect to the next Penguin update. Learn more in this week’s top SEO news story.
How Machine Learning is Changing SEO
VIP contributor Neil Patel believes every SEO is about to experience a major shift in the industry. However, unlike the shifts we see in SEO industry, this one won’t be quantifiable.
This major SEO shift won’t show up on Moz’s algorithm tracker. It probably won’t impact search rankings. And it may not make headlines like the mobile update did. What is it? It’s machine learning, and in this week’s top SEO strategy post Patel makes a case for why it’s the next big thing to shake up the industry. Read the full post here.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- Google’s Next Penguin Update to Happen Within “Weeks”, by Matt Southern
- How Machine Learning is Changing SEO, by Neil Patel
- 8 Outdated Content Marketing Practices You Should Stop Doing Today, by Julia McCoy
- 25 Places to Find Free Photos You’ll Actually Want to Use, by Mindy Weinstein
- 7 Tips for Landing an SEO Job in 2016, by Aleh Barysevich / [AD] Keyword Research in 2016 With AuthorityLabs
- 7 Signs You Are Ready to Be a Full Time Entrepreneur, by Christina Baldassarre
- New Google Search Cards Will Teach You How to Do Yoga, by Matt Southern
- Google Maps on Android to Predict Where You Want to Go Next, by Matt Southern
- How Mobile Transformed PPC Marketing, by Brad Tiller
- Google to Allow App Installs Direct From Search Results, by Matt Southern
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
Whether you are building yourself up as a thought leader, or you want to start implementing more marketing campaigns, it’s important to develop a strategy. That’s what SEJ Executive Editor Kelsey Jones discussed about with Scott Monty of Scott Monty Strategies, touching on how to grow your personal brand, as well as social media strategy.
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: GongTo / Shutterstock.com
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita