Google Developing Global Video Conferencing
Google is looking for a Sr. Video Conferencing Engineer to develop a digital video conferencing application for Google to roll out on a global scale according to a HotJobs posting. There has been much rumor centered around Google Video Conferencing being a major part of Google’s new communications direction after the launch of the new Google Talk messaging and VOIP application. By adding video conferencing to the mix, Google would bring a unique offering to the Instant Messaging table and also carve itself into the Microsoft competition pie.
From the Yahoo HotJobs posting :
Google has an immediate opening for a highly skilled and innovative Senior Video Conference Engineer who will play a key role in delivering cutting edge video technologies on a global basis for Google. We’re looking for a team player with demonstrated success in delivering products. If you have a solid foundation in video compression and signal processing, a track record of implementing and optimizing global video conferencing solutions, then we want to speak with you.
The successful candidate will be involved in the overall internal video technology and quality of our existing and future video conference systems. The individual will advance the state of the art video by improving the quality of existing video conference solutions, developing next generation video conference integrated solutions, working with display technologies, working on Quality of Service issues for H.323 and H.320 networks, and engaging in various other activities in an effort to innovate and enhance video functionality and quality for Google.
* Bachelor’s Degree in CS or EE, or equivalent
* Ten (10) or more years experience in the technology surrounding video conferencing (preferably with Tandberg systems and products) including room/desktop systems, MCU’s, GateWay, GateKeeper, and Crestron systems over IP and ISDN networks.
* Solid understanding of IP and ISDN networks.
* Solid understanding of videoconferencing standards including (but not limited to) H.261, H.263, H.264, G.711, G.722, G.728, H.242, H.243, H.248, H.450, H.239
* Solid experience with audio and video in a video conferencing environment.
* Skilled in PC and Microsoft Office applications.
Specific Job Duties:
* Oversee daily operations of Google’s global video conference program.
* Manage support personnel assigned to Video Services Group
* Manage activities and relationships with associated Video conference/AV vendors and manufactures
* Work directly with Management and End-Users to determine current and future needs
* Develop overall strategy, future direction and roll out/implementation plans for all video services.
* Research and review related video conference/AV products.
* Responsible for development and delivery of video conference End-User and Technical Support training.
Hattip to Paid Content
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our daily newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!