TrueLocal.com’s TrueTarget Local Search Advertising
After having their Local Search advertising service on hold while the system was retweaked, TrueLocal.com has relaunched their TrueTarget advertising program which lets small businesses list local search listing on TrueLocal, which only lets physical businesses advertise with them.
Small businesses can add an expanded listing in TrueLocal for only $4 a month, which includes:
* Business profile and company logo.
* Hours of operations and payment methods.
* Association membership, return and exchange policies and the brands you carry.
* Coupons, ads, promotions and discounts.
TrueTarget also offers bidding by category & zip code : “By bidding $1 in a category and a zip code, you can get to the top of TrueLocal’s search results -for example, American Restaurants in 60603.”
* 1-800 number for call and lead tracking
* Competitors are local brick and mortar businesses – “Bids will not be inflated by those only online retailers and e-commerce sites“.
* Calls, web clicks, emails, and viewed listings can be tracked to judge ROI/
* Listings and bids can be changed and updated on the fly
From my experience from working with local search marketing, the fact that listings in TrueLocal are only real local merchants is quite refreshing. No ServiceMagic’s or Cars.com beefing up the pay per click or bidding process is quite a change from other local search and advertising offerings – giving meaning to the name of TrueLocal : real local listings for searchers and advertisers.
TrueLocal is also launching an Accredited Agency Program for certified CMRs, accredited media buyers, marketing and SEO agencies & national marketing departments:
Agencies will receive all TrueLocal marketing material in electronic formats as well as thorough training via phone with a TrueLocal marketing representative. The program also includes a bulk upload submission process for agencies with multiple clients.
All agencies will receive a 25% commission, paid quarterly, on all TrueTarget revenue that TrueLocal receives through agency clients. Each agency will receive a coupon code which will be used to track advertiser sign ups and bids.