Robert admits that LinkedIn has some work to do on their interface when it comes to setting up ads, but where they excel is in their targeting. Robert has seen particularly great results with B2B lead generation.
Hear Robert explain the best ways for businesses to reach their target audience with LinkedIn PPC ads in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- A great thing about LinkedIn PPC ads, Robert says, is the variety of ways in which you can target people. Usually you need to target in multiple ways because targeting is based on profile completeness.
- Not everyone has a complete profile on LinkedIn, so Robert says the best thing to start targeting is job titles. Target people who are at the appropriate level of the company for what you’re advertising.
- From there, you can target a list of your best customers. Next, Robert suggests, is to broaden your targeting by reaching out to specific industries in general.
- You can even get into targeting people based on what groups they are members of and what skills they have been endorsed for. As you layer these segments you’ll start hitting exactly the right people.
- LinkedIn PPC ads start at $2, which is more expensive than most other places, but the advanced targeting opportunities can make it worthwhile.
If you have any questions after watching the video, please ask them in the comments section and I will do my best to respond to everyone! Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews.