Ok, we’ve heard it before from Hitwise, MySpace.com is gathering more page views than Yahoo, but last time the report was centered around the home page. This newest data from ComScore, as reported by GigaOm’s Liz Gannes, is a little different.
Here’s the breakdown:
* November Yahoo Page Views Down 9%
* comScore says MySpace #1 in Page Views for November
Reasons for Yahoo losing the #1 page view spot?
* Yahoo’s Web 2.0 tech & Ajax cuts down on page views
* MySpace’s horrid navigation leads to more clicks and views
* Yahoo and other properties are more one click oriented
Does this matter?
* It shows MySpace users are actively checking each other out
*Yahoo still #1 in unique visitors with 130 million in November
* Fox Interactive is #6 behind Time Warner (AOL), Microsoft, Google & eBay
My opinion is that once MySpace updates its functionality and usability to modern standards, they’ll lose this page view ranking in a heart beat. Yahoo dropping means that Yahoo is finding a more efficient way to deliver users the information they are looking for, which is more positive than sending them on wild goose chases.