Bidding & Optimization Strategies for the Modern Search Marketer
Get the guide today.
A/B testing is a way to determine whether or not your website is providing a good user experience. By learning more about how users interact with your site, and comparing the data, you’ll know exactly where to spend the majority of your marketing budget.
Hear Paul explain more about how business owners can A/B test their site in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- Specific things Paul recommends testing on your site are the header, forms, buttons, and images.
- With the header you should test and compare various messaging to make sure you get it right. Immediately following the header should be a message about what you do for your customers.
- With forms you can test various placements as well as try limiting the amount of fields that need to be filled out in order to maximize conversions. When testing the call-to-action buttons you should try various colors, sizes and messages.
- When it comes to testing images, Paul says something as simple as swapping one image for another can help increase conversions. You can find which image works best through testing the impact of each image.
- Another tool Paul suggests is Yandex Metrica which can be used for heat mapping. This helps you understand exactly how users behave when they land on your site. From there you can make assumptions about the kinds of things you should be testing next.
Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews.