SEJ good friend Ryan Clark of Linkbuildr shared his new free SEO tool with me and quite naturally I decided to share it with our readers. The tool is LinkVooDoo – a backlink checker and website evaluator.
The link diagnostics part is what I am going to focus on first as quality link-checkers are few and we are glad to welcome another one. So let’s see how it works:
- Enter the full URL and click “Get Report”;
- Choose the report type (Quick or Full one);
- In the pop-up choose “Open with” + “Java(TM) Web Start Launcher”;
- Wait for the site crawl to be completed:
After that you should see the link report for the URL submitted:
- Most frequent anchor text used for external backlinks (sorted by frequency);
- Linking domains:
- if you click [show links] next to each domain, you’ll see all pages linking back as well as anchor text used on each one;
- you’ll also be able to see home page pagerank for each domain as well as the site Alexa rankings.
- Backlink PageRank distribution graph:
The trust score utility will give you a sneak peek of what your site has achieved so far and where it could do better. The score is calculated based on site Alexa rank, backlinks and outgoing links, domain age, social bookmarking, etc. Besides, it will show you how things have changed since your last check.