Using basic SEO techniques to optimize the indexing and presence of PDF and other document types is an essential part of the entire search marketing mix, especially for businesses which insist on having their online documents in PDF format, for restaurants which use PDF for menus or ebook & whitepaper publishers who utilize online PDF docs for marketing campaigns.
Even if a PDF doc is named properly, (not just a string of code as many PDF docs online are), there are other tactics which can be utilized to SEO your Adobe PDFs.
AcrobatUsers.com is hosting a free PDF SEO eSeminar on Wed. August 19, 2009 which will focus on how to optimize PDF files for display and distribution on the web, including how to best stucture PDF files for SEO.
Not only can you make your PDFs easily viewable by people but you can also ensure that Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines index your PDFs, present the search results description intelligently and use the PDF content to enhance your web site search engine rankings.
- Determine the best way to create a PDF for on-screen viewing and quick downloading
- Use PDF Optimizer to reduce the size of your PDF files for viewing on the web
- Create and share custom presets designed to balance file size with quality
- Set PDF compatibility levels
- Customize PDF output with Adobe PDF settings
- Structure your PDF files so that Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines index your PDFs, present the search results description intelligently and use the PDF content to enhance your web site search engine rankings
And after you SEO your PDF’s here are some places you can upload your content, to make it even more findable : Search for SEO eBooks and PDF