Hurricane Wilma Update
Last week we posted a list of Hurricane Wilma blogs with up to date information on the hurricane which has gained strength on its way to Florida. Useful information can be found on the blogs such as ways to prepare for the hurricane, wind speeds and sea swell information, and evacuation information.
With the possibility of power going out during the storm, if cell towers are operative some of these blogs can be read via Internet ready mobile phones. BlogHerald’s Duncan Riley gives us a rundown of Hurricane Wilma blogs.
And here are some new Wilma blogs from Hyku.
- Florida Cracker is in the Lake Okeechobee area (RSS) (Google Map)
- Eric Norlin is on Siesta Key (RSS) (Google Map)
- Florida Masochist (RSS)
- Boudicca’s map of Florida Bloggers (RSS)
- Laughing Wolf’s list of Florida blogs (RSS)
- Right-Wing of the Gods (RSS)
- Theodore’s World (RSS)
- Something and Half of Something (RSS)
- Joel’s Blog (RSS)
- Naples Daily News – Storm Edition (RSS) (Podcast)
- Reporter Andy Kent is at a shelter in Naples, FL (RSS)
- Naples Daily News web guru Levi Chronister is blogging about his first hurricane (he just moved from Kansas) (RSS)
- Bill Ward at TBO.com (No RSS)
- The St. Pete Times Stormwatch blog (RSS)
- Orlando Sentinel’s Hurricane Watch Blog (RSS)
- Sarasota Herald Tribune’s Weather Blog (RSS)
- Lakeland Ledger’s WIlma Newslog
Other media outlets that don’t have blogs, but are posting updates: