Here was his response:
The greater Duluth/Superior area and outlying communities are incredibly lucky to have the Human Development Center. Established in 1938, in addition to accepting health insurance, HDC offers comprehensive programs on a sliding fee basis, which means that patients only pay what they can afford.
This is priceless, especially to the most vulnerable in our community. aimClear is very proud to sponsor HDC events.
These offerings represent a crucial safety net for community members seeking psychiatry, psychotherapy, adult and child case management, and outreach safety. HDC (Minnesota) and HRC (Wisconsin) are staffed by more than 300 dedicated professionals.
Do not underestimate how vital these mental health services in Duluth are to the region. The programs and practitioners are literally lifesavers.
HDC has helped mainstream groundbreaking programs including:
- Parent Child Interaction: Therapy was developed more than 30 years ago. It has helped hundreds of families with a young child whose behaviors are difficult to manage. In this treatment, families participate in weekly sessions that provide training for parents on how to manage their child’s behavior while improving their relationship with their child.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): DBT is a cognitive-behavior treatment model developed specifically for treating individuals who meet the criteria for Borderline Personality Disorder. Using the DBT model, individuals learn to regulate their emotions and reactions, learn self-acceptance, and learn how to positively influence their environment.
- More than 30 current programs, including Eating Disorders Treatment, Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS), Safe Schools | Healthy Students, Geriatric Outpatient Consultations, and much more.
Bravo, HDC. Thanks for all you do for Duluth, Superior, Grand Marais, and Cloquet. It is a pleasure to introduce you to our marketing community. Thanks to SEJ and Melissa for this opportunity to spread the word in such a respected publication with so great a reach.
How did you get introduced to them?
I was a patient at a transformational time in my life. What I learned was key to my personal growth and who I learned to be.
Why you are passionate about this organization ?
Because I could not really afford the care at the time, and the sliding fee scale made it possible.
How do you support them?
Money, sponsorships, and I keynoted their most recent fundraising event.
How can others get involved?
Support community-based mental health by sending donations, please. Also, link to the website. :)
Thanks to Marty!
I want to thank Marty for his precious time and educating us on such a helpful organization. I love his suggestion to link to the website. ;)
Read About Other Non-Profits Supported by SEO’s:
- See Your Impact: The Non-Profit Rand Fishkin Supports
- Heart Walk: The Non-Profit Rae Hoffman-Dolan Supports
- The Non-Profits Pubcon’s Brett Tabke Supports